Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rusty's Frustrations

Hi all AAA bloggers.  I'm having a bad patch with my art production.  I'm frustrated and find myself unable to create meaningful stuff.  I have messed up one piece this week that I was preparing for the East Meets West show.  Today I was only able to make two scribbling drawings.  I'm also struggling to get my new web site up and running.  There I'm frustrated with the process of getting my domain name transfered from one company to another.  But I am persevering.  The junk in my head is saying that I should just give up.  I'm glad I know that is just junk.  A friend told me that when she doesn't feel inspired to create, she tells her not too well self to just sit and watch while the artist does her work.  Then she just continues with her work on whatever she is doing.  I'm committed to proceeding in that way.  Thanks for this chance to share. 

3 comments:

  1. Alliance artists, you can see current Alliance postings on the the CultureCapital website at http://www.culturecapital.com/organization.php?id=246. Be thinking of how you want to publicize your next Alliance venue. One way is to get on the CultureCapital website and post a link on your Facebook profile. No Facebook presence? It may be time for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone:

    Sorry I just happened to stumble upon this blog via the AAA website. I would love to know how to post a blog on the site. Maybe there is a lag time betweeen the time I started "following" this site and the time you can post. Either way, just wanted to mention that AAA now has a MySpace page. If you're interested in taking a look, you can find it at www.myspace.com/arlingtonartistsalliance. There you'll find postings of upcoming events and you can even have your latest work posted in our revolving slideshow. If your work doesn't appear there, contact me at bryan@nafisdc.org and I'll be glad to add it to the slideshow. Unlike the AAA website, the number of pieces in the slideshow is not limited, so the more the merrier! Also if you have something you'd like posted there, email it to me and I'll put it on the calendar. There's also a blog section there, so if you're featured in a show that's not at an AAA venue, let me know and I'll post it there. The first - and best - thing to do is sign up for a MySpace page. It's FREE and takes almost no time. Then you can "join" our AAA page as a "friend."

    Good luck, and hope to see you in cyberspace!

    Bryan Jernigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rusty,
    You might read Artist's Way and start doing the morning pages it recommends. I don't do them regularly, but when I do, it gives me a chance to get the negativity out of my heat. Just a suggestion. I notice your post was a while back, so maybe you are past it by now.

    Bryan,
    Please start a Facebook page for the group too!

    ReplyDelete